Bunn coffee makers are a common sight in many houses due to how easy it is to prepare coffee with them. As you use a Bunn coffee maker, coffee residue and chemicals will eventually line the interiors of your coffee maker.
To ensure your coffee tastes good and fresh, you will need to empty and wash the coffee maker.
The purpose of this article is to help you understand the importance of emptying your machine. We will also show how to empty a Bunn coffee maker. Let’s begin.
Why Do You Need to Empty a Bunn Coffee Maker?
Emptying a Bunn coffee maker from time to time is important as it ensures the water is fresh. It also ensures that there is no leftover water in the filters that might mix in when making your next batch of coffee. This also helps prevent spillages or overflowing.
For similar reasons, it is important to drain the water reservoir of your Bunn coffee maker to ensure freshwater is used during brewing. It also keeps the reservoir clean and is good for hygiene.
If you have a coffee maker in an office, it is important to maintain cleanliness, so knowing how to empty a commercial Bunn coffee maker.
How to Empty a Bunn Coffee Maker?
Along with draining or emptying, you can also clean the interior with the packaged brushes in most Bunn coffee makers. This helps you to clean parts of the machine, and most of the brushes are good enough for the job.
First, we should see how to empty the water reservoir in a Bunn coffee maker. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Locate the water reservoir on your Bunn coffee maker.
- Use a screwdriver to open the screws and remove the water reservoir.
- Open the lid and slowly tilt the opening towards an empty sink. Let the water slowly drain out.
- Hold the reservoir carefully and tilt it further until no more water comes out.
- Wipe the reservoir with a clean cloth and then reattach it back to the machine.
Draining out the rest of the device
After emptying and reattaching the reservoir, you can then proceed to drain out the rest of the coffee maker. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Before doing so, make sure your machine is off. If it’s been in use, wait for 20 minutes after unplugging to let it cool down.
- Grab the handle of the brew funnel and turn it to loosen it. You can then take it out.
- Take the funnel to a sink to wash and sanitize it. Wipe off as much water as you can so it makes the later draining process faster.
- Place the funnel near the coffee maker and then locate the spray head where the funnel was. Twist it and remove it from the machine.
- Clean the spray head and use the brush or spring that came with the package to remove trace water from the interior.
- Hold the coffee maker carefully and then take it to a nearby empty sink. Make sure not to hold your hand against the lid of the coffee maker.
- When taken to the sink, position the mouth carefully towards the sink. Then press down on the top lid of the machine. This will cause water to pour out from the mouth.
- Hold the lid down until the water stops flowing. After this, take the coffee maker back and reassemble it.
- To remove any small traces of water, you can put a spare container under the funnel. Select the brew option on your coffee maker. It will drain out any remaining water.
Knowing how to empty a Bunn coffee maker will not only keep your machine operating well, it will make sure your coffee tastes good.
You should empty your Bunn coffee maker after using it and before making another batch of coffee. Alongside emptying, remember to also clean your coffee maker from time to time.